“Rendezvous in Arizona”
8th Annual International Juried Exhibition
Every year the International Guild of Realism holds a show and exhibition which represents some of the best work of its members. Every member is invited to submit three of their best paintings to be juried in to the show. There were approximately seventy five artists that were selected. It was a great honour that my painting “Ronnie Rooster” was selected to be in the 8th Annual Show and Exhibition this year in Tempe, Arizona. Before submitting my work I asked all of my students to pick three of their favourite pieces of my art - I gave them about seven to choose from - and they voted “Ronnie Rooster” as their favourite piece - well they were right!
I was fortunate enough to be able to travel to Phoenix for the show and enjoyed three great days of activities and fun. It was also great to meet my fellow artists and to see and enjoy the really wonderful artwork in the show.
Schedule of Events:
The event started on Thursday, October 3rd at the Scottsdale Artist School and was followed by a Gallery Art-Walk in the downtown Scottsdale Arts District.
We met at the Scottsdale Artist School courtyard and enjoyed a private reception and tour of the school for IGOR attendees. This world class art school offers some of best weeklong realism workshops in the country. Visit their website at www.scottsdaleartschool.org
After the reception, we visited a number of the better realism galleries by foot and got a behind the scenes tour of Scottsdale’s art world which is one of the largest in the U.S..
The next day was a fabulous day of Seminars with a Sunset Champagne Toast overlooking the Tempe Town Lake and a catered VIP Private Opening Party.
- Josh Rose, American Art Collector magazine, Editor.
- Leigh Ann Van Fossan. Sales Associate of Paderewski Fine Art in Beaver Creek, Colorado.
- William Rowett, Realism Art Collector, “How I built my realism art collection.”
- Ed Copley, a renowned figurative artist, speaking on “Insights on Conservation and Restoration plus Special Mediums and Materials of the Old Masters.”
- Camille Engel, presenting a 45 minute seminar including two possible topics, “ How To Get Your Work into Art Galleries & Keep It There.” and “A Conservator's Guide to Preserving and Shipping Your Artwork.”
The Sunset Champagne Toast took place in one of the most beautiful rooms, overlooking the Tempe Town Lake with beautiful views of Arizona!